Who should attend?
This course (First Aid at Work) is designed for people who want to receive our most thorough first aid training. It is most suited to those working in high-risk environments, such as building sites or warehouses.
Booking for large numbers of students?
Contact Owen on 01924 261789 for details on on-site options
How long is a First Aid at Work course?
The course lasts three days and takes place in the classroom.
What topics are covered on a First Aid at Work course?
- Adult resuscitation (CPR)
- Allergic reaction
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Burns and scalds
- Chest pains
- Choking adult
- Communication and casualty care
- Eye injuries
- Head injuries
- Defibrillator prompts and how to respond (theory based)
- Defibrillator pad placement (theory based)
- Low blood sugar
- Managing an emergency
- Minor and severe bleeding
- Poisons and what to do if someone has been poisoned
- Role of the first aider (including knowledge of health and safety regulations)
- Spinal injuries
- Unresponsive adult
Continuous observation by the trainer and written assessments.
Successful candidates receive a certificate, valid for three years.