Pre-demolition surveys are intrusive and can be targeted to areas which may be affected by proposed refurbishment works. A pre-demolition asbestos survey will be required by your CDM Advisors or Principal Designer under the Construction Design and Management Regulations 2015. This type of survey is more intrusive than a management survey and should be undertaken alongside a project specific plan of work to ensure that the survey covers all areas planned for refurbishment.
Note – this type of survey is fully intrusive and should not be undertaken in a property that is occupied or due to be reoccupied after the survey has been completed. Electrical, mechanical and gas services should be isolated to enable the asbestos surveyors to access all areas.
Go to: Pre-Refurbishment Asbestos Survey
Asbestos in buildings
Below are key points you really need to know regarding Asbestos in Buildings:
• Asbestos only becomes a problem once it’s disturbed and the fibres airborne.
• Any building built prior to year 2000 can contain asbestos.
• ALL non-domestic buildings must be subject to an asbestos survey.
• There is a legal requirement to remove ALL asbestos materials prior to the building being refurbished.
• Preventing exposure to asbestos dust will protect against related illness and fatal diseases.
• Asbestos law – whats the worst that could happen?
If you own or are responsible for a commercial building that you are planning to demolish and you fail to manage the asbestos correctly you could expose individuals to asbestos fibres resulting in a prosecution and imprisonment. To read more on fines and prosecutions please visit our Blog PageOK, I’m interested what do I do next?
For more information on the services we provide, please email email@example.com or use the Contact Us