June 1 @ 8:00 am - June 5 @ 5:00 pmFree
Who Is This Course For?
This Venepuncture and Cannulation training is a refresher session for healthcare professionals: –
- Returning to work
- Looking to build confidence in blood sampling
- Wanting to review current practice + legislation
- Looking to enhance their current skills/ knowledge
Please note – this course is not intended for delegates who have not performed Venepuncture or Cannulation before!
Why Do You Need This Course?
Venepuncture and Cannulation are the most commonly performed invasive procedures in the NHS. To perform these procedures well and to a safe standard it requires staff to have relevant and up-to-date knowledge and skills.
This training includes both comprehensive theory and interactive practical on state of the art latex arms, with plenty of time to perfect your technique.
- An awareness of the venepuncture technique
- Identify potential dangers and complications of these invasive techniques
- Understand the vascular anatomy of the arm
- Awareness of the order of draw
- Carry out a successful practical demonstration
- Site Selection
- Equipment Selection
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Potential Complications & Errors
- Infection Control – Aseptic Technique
- The Venepuncture Procedure
- The Cannulation Procedure
- Certificate lasts for 1 year!
- Compact, face to face theory & practical course using stimulation equipment to learn the foundations to access veins confidently.
- Small group sizes mean there is lots of occasions for one to one teaching during the practical sessions, so all delegates are catered for.
- Vascular Access Structured Learning Programme endorsed by NIVAS to take away with you to enable you to demonstrate competency.
Interactive, enjoyable, well prepared, well presented, very informative + relevant to my practice – Nester Sandhu
Excellent course, Ashley very engaging + clarity of explanation of procedures etc really good, she’s a star. Making revision of subject matter enjoyable – Jenny Hawkes
Interactive, informative + fast-moving. Excellent! 10/10 – Joanne Kanda